If you are interested in or are already working the 12-steps, and want additional therapeutic support, we can help you. Our therapists are well-versed in the 12-step model, including Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and Al-Anon, which is grounded in the concept of addiction as a spiritual and medical disease.
Clients work individually with a therapist to develop a firm foundation in a 12-step program, with primary emphasis on steps 1 through 4. Meeting with an individual therapist, while also participating in traditional 12-step meetings and meeting with a sponsor, helps clients deepen their understanding about their addiction and develop tools to get and stay sober.
Working with one of our therapists will include the following:
- Identify personal reasons to get and stay sober
- Addiction education
- Learn to identify triggers and red flags
- Learn to utilize local 12-step meetings
- Acquire sponsorship
- Build a sober support system
- Gain insight about how your addiction has served you until now, and how you can more honestly face the pain and suffering underneath
- Learn concepts such as “12-steps”, “powerlessness” and “Higher Power”
- Relapse Prevention
- Be an active participant in saving your own life
It is common belief that addressing the actual addiction (substance or behavior) is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to sobriety. Thus, our therapists will also help address depression, anxiety, couples issues, family issues, trauma and other problems as necessary.
Total abstinence, attending meetings and self-identification as an alcoholic or addict are core components of this work.
* This program is also an excellent aftercare plan for those clients completing in-patient detoxification or treatment.
If you or a loved one is ready to end the suffering and begin the healing, please call one of our therapists at 805.966.5100.